Laman

RAJIN PANGKAL PANDAI

We know about it and we do it now :)

October 01, 2017

Expressing Intentions dalam Bahasa inggris 2

Social function:
To state plans or something intended to do in the future.
v  I would like to ......
v   I will ......
v   I want to ......
v   I am going to ......
v   I would rather ......

Examples of Expressing Intention:
v  I would like to tell about my family
v   I will visit museum today
v   I want to make a pancake
v   I am going to introduce my friend
v   I would rather stay at home than go fishing

To express willingness: use will
(+) Subject + will + V1 + Object/Complement
(-)  Subject + will not + V1 + Object/Complement
(?) Will + subject + V1 + Object/complement

(+) She will visit her cousins on the next holiday.
(-) She will not visit her cousins on the next holiday.
(?) Will she visit her cousins on the next holiday?

To express a prior plan: Use only be going to

(+) Subject + Be going to + V1 + O/C
(-) Subject + Be not going to + V1 + O/C
(?) Be + Subject + going to + V1 + O/C

(+) She is going to visit her cousins on the next holiday.
(-) She is not going to visit her cousins on the next holiday?
(?) Is she going to visit her cousins on the next holiday?

Conversation between Sarah and Ali:
Sarah              : Hello Ali, what are you going to do this weekend?
Ali                  : Hello, I am going to visit my grandmother in Jakarta. How about you?
Sarah              : Well, I still do not have any plan for the weekend.
Ali                  : Why don’t you go to museum?
Sarah              : That is a good idea. But, I have to do my assignment first. Have you done your assignment?
Ali                  : No, I have not, I’d like to do them this evening.
Sarah              : Well, can we do together?
Ali                  : Yes, of course.
Sarah              : Okay, great. I will go to your house at 4 P.M then.
Ali                  : I will be waiting for.

Source: http://tut-les.blogspot.co.id/

No comments: