Laman

RAJIN PANGKAL PANDAI

We know about it and we do it now :)

May 20, 2014

DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH

-->
Direct Speech (Kalimat Langsung) ialah kata-kata kalimat yang diucapkan langsung oleh si pembicara.
Indirect Speech (Kalimat Tak Langsung) ialah kalimat yang diucapkan untuk melaporkan kata-kata si pembicara kepada orang lain. Jadi, Indirect Speech (Reported Speech) digunakan bila kita ingin melaporkan kata-kata seseorang kepada orang lain secara tak langsung.

Direct & Indirect Speech terdiri dari 3 jenis yaitu :
I.         Statement (pernyataan)
II.      Command (perintah)
III.   Question (pertanyaan)

Perubahan-perubahan yang perlu dari Direct ke Indirect Speech :
1.        To be & Auxiliary Verbs
Direct                                       Indirect
Am/is/are                                  was/were
Shall/will                                   should/would
Can                                           could
May                                          might
Must                                         had to     
Have/has to                               had to        

2.        Time & Place (keterangan waktu & tempat)
Direct                                       Indirect
Now                                          then
Tomorrow                                 the following day, the next day
Next week                                the following week
Tonight                                     that night
Today                                       that day
Yesterday                                 the day before
Last night                                 the night before
Last week                                 the week before, the precious week
Two days ago                           two days before
Here                                          there
This                                           that
These                                         those

3.        Tenses
Direct                                       Indirect
Simple present                          simple past
Present continous                     past continous
Present perfect                          past perfect             
Present perfect continuous       past perfect continuous      
Simple past                               past perfect             
Past continous                          past perfect continuous      

I.         STATEMENT
Dalam Indirect Statement kita menggunakan kata that (bahwa) sebagai penghubung antara kalimat pengantar (introduce phrase) dan kata-kata yang dilaporkan (reported words). Kalimat-kalimat pengantar dalam indirect statement ialah :
He said
He said to me                    that + reported words
He told me

For examples:
- Mary told me, “I buy a newspaper every day.”
- Mary told me that she bought a newspaper every day.

-   Father said, “I am going out of town tomorrow”
-   Father said that he was going out of town the following day.

- Anna told her friends, “I have been to Bali twice.”
- Anna told her friends that she had been to Bali twice.

-   Safa told John, “my father warned me last night”
-   Safa told John that her father had warned her the night before.

-   My sister said to me “I don’t like tennis”
-   My sister said to me that she didn’t like tennis.

-   Tom said “I didn’t go to school this morning”
-   Tom said that he hadn’t gone to school that morning. 
 
-->
II.      COMMAND
Command dibagi dalam 2 (dua) bagian yaitu :
1.      Positive Command
Dalam perintah positif kita tambahkan to di depan kalimat perintahnya, sebagai penghubung antara kalimat pengantar dan perintah yang dilaporkan. Kalimat-kalimat pengantar dalam jenis ini ialah :
to + infinitive
He asked me
He told me
For example:
- He asked me “Open your book”
- He asked me to open my book.
-  Mary told me “Stop talking to Jane”
-  Mary told me to stop talking to Jane.

-  Mother asked John “Pay attention to what I say”
-  Mother asked John to pay attention to what she says.

-  John told Mary “Wait until I come”
-  John told Mary to wait until he comes.

-  The teacher said to the students “Be quiet while I am talking”
-  The teacher told the students to be quiet while she is talking.

***download for complete explanation click here ***

No comments: